Sunday 3 February 2013

Lunch with seagulls

A lunchtime business meeting in Cape Town can look like this



which is probably quite different to how it might look in any of these places, helpfully signposted



I was not doing business. I was just enjoying the feeling of having my bare feet in the warm sand under my table



which was only a couple of feet from the edge of the ocean


and enjoying these views from my glass of rosé 


... an ever changing passage of yachts


a couple of dolphins playing around this boat




and hopeful seagulls on the lookout for lunch




Bare feet in the sand, my solitary, spontaneous lunch on the beach was fabulous grilled calamari (my favourite thing at this place), salad, a glass of wine and espresso. Gulls, boats, ocean and sunshine tout compris, my bill came to all of £12 ($18). 



Which had me wondering as I left reluctantly (nobody rushes you here), how many other places in the world like this there could be ...


If  you visit Cape Town, you'll find this wondrous beach café here, not far from the harbour and waterfront. Just don't tell anyone else.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Karen, What a happy and beautiful post! And so beautifully photographed. I recognize the painted toes. They look exactly like mine, color and all. ox, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be there in two weeks - woohoo! Will have to make sure I visit the Grand. Thanks for the hot tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooooo lucky to have a place with this beautiful water to visit like this. And, I think you have great feet !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I'll get there!
    Such an exquisite blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, my heart aches. I leave on Saturday for three weeks. Just looking out the window at the snow. What are we doing here? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many other places like this one? you ask.
    I'll tell you true, New England is most decidedly NOT such a place..
    I can only laugh when I look out at the snowy Alps surrounding our house and everywhere we go, and then look at the blue sky and blue ocean about to tickle your toes.
    Enjoy, Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails